The function of the Field Engineer is to act as the mobile field service engineer on assigned opentickets and work in collaboration with engineering staff members, Response Center, and logisticsto resolve customer affecting technical issues in a timely fashion in order to maintain maximumcustomer satisfaction.
The Field Engineer installs, troubleshoots and maintains an extensive variety of products and equipment., identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed. Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers’ needs. Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent certifications in area ofspecialty or 3-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work ofothers. A wide degree of creativity, leadership and latitude is expected.
The following are principal duties of the Field Engineer:
Leadership and Management
- Represent CCSI in a positive and professional manner
- Work with all personnel and outside contacts to satisfy clients and achieve company goals
- Identify areas of improvement in the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions
- Have a thorough understanding of Entitlement and Under-entitlement pertaining to service contracts and coverage levels.
- Perform remedial repair activities on customer site.
- Perform hardware installations.
- Require infrequent backline support while performing remedial activities on-site.
- Recognize situations requiring a service call Escalation and follows proper Escalation Procedures.
- Provide the support required to close service events promptly, within the SLA and to the satisfaction of the
customer (“fix the customer”)
- Provides timely, accurate and unambiguous updates.
- As needed, communicates frequently with customers and other CCSI personnel
- Effective ‘debrief’ and reporting of service call for future enhancements
- Travel to and from customer locations (usually by car), documenting work activity and maintaining administrative paperwork.
- Arrive to work, job sites, and meetings on time and prepared
- Ability to work with and enhance the team (synergy) concept
- Work within established guidelines and procedures
- Perform any other duties assigned by your manager
- Integrity and Honesty
- Professional Appearance
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Customer Facing Skills
- Strong Troubleshooting Skills and technical aptitude.
- Minimum directly related experience of 3 years
- Valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, current auto insurance policy, with a Good Driving Record
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Technical Certifications
- Currently Cisco Certified field engineer to support re-seller functions or actively working to obtain certifications