The function of the IT desktop support personnel is to act as the technical expert on assigned open
tickets and work in collaboration with engineering staff members and Response Center
to resolve customer affecting technical issues in a timely fashion in order to maintain maximum
The IT desktop support installs, troubleshoots and maintains an extensive variety of products and equipment., identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed. Requires certifications in area of specialty or 3-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and
judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity, leadership and latitude is expected.
The following are principal duties of the IT Desktop Support:
- Represent CCSI in a positive and professional manner
- Work with all personnel and outside contacts to satisfy clients and achieve company goals
- Identify areas of improvement in the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions
- Perform remedial repair activities on customer site.
- Perform PC hardware/software installations and configuration.
- Provision new users in an Active Directory environment.
- Server Backup
- Familiar with network security concepts.
- Recognize situations requiring a service call Escalation and follows proper Escalation Procedures.
- Provides timely, accurate and unambiguous updates.
- Travel to and from customer locations (usually by car), documenting work activity and maintaining administrative paperwork.
- Arrive to work, job sites, and meetings on time and prepared
- Work within established guidelines and procedures
- Perform any other duties assigned by your manager
- Integrity and Honesty
- Professional Appearance
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Customer Facing Skills
- Strong Troubleshooting Skills and technical aptitude.
- Minimum directly related experience of 3 years
- Valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, current auto insurance policy, with a Good Driving Record
- CompTIA A+ Technical Certification is a plus.